Monday, September 28, 2009

President Obama Wants Longer School Days

Over the weekend, the President announced that he would like for students to attend school longer each day and throughout the summer. What are your thoughts on longer school days?

86 comments:

  1. I would like for every 4th and 5th grader to post their thoughts on our President's recent statements about the importance of time spent in school. Be sure to use proper "netiquette" in your posts and reread them for errors before posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think we should because we need time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with some things. we should have less recess and more homework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dissagree with president Obama's opinion because I think a person could go mad. And because we have to much school and less than 3 months of summer.But I think we can have school from 7:30am to 4:oopm and then we can have a little bit more homework than we do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we should not have school in the sumer. Beacuse we need to be able to have time to take it al in.Like so you will not overlearn and not focus next year.So in all I do not agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we should start school 30 minutes later because i dont think good when im sleepy and end school 30 minutes later make time lost in the morning.And I don't think we should go to school on the summer so we can relax because in school we do tests, math, science, social studies, and language arts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that we should not have school on saturdaysbecause if we do like if we were in 1rst grade and we go to school we would already know this stuff because we already learned it.

    I think we should not go to school on summer time because this is our time to relax and have play time because we have been taking test,doing homework and doing losts of work.Its not fare because we do not get to ress or have more play time. All we do is work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we should not have longer school days because to much school might make us PoP.We are going to be so ready to get out of schoolwere not going to think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with some things. The only thing I don't agree with is longer school days. Because we already have many months of school,while we have short summers.The thing I do argee with is we need to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the school day should longer. Be the school year should be shorter. Beacuse we will make up the the other days. With the day being longer And not having school is the Summer beacuse we need to have the Summer off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I both agree and disagree with President Obama.I think that we need more hours of school.But have a little more summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we should be home schooled becauce we might football pratice at 4:00 p.m. and we might still be in school.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I argee with president obama because we need to high up our score.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't agree with President Obama because we need time to our selfs, time to relax, learning, and a break from school. We have school for a long time then we have homework so if we have longer school days we will have more homework and we will over work our brains.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I disagree because were not going to play that much

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with part of president Obama opinion Ican do a longer time of school like from 8:00 to 6:10 and I can do a year around school

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will say yes about the two hour. On school days because if you need help on reading and than you got the hour for help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I say no because we can't go 7 to 12 hours doing stuff like hands behind are back for 7 to 12 hours. Are not be able to talk to freinds for a hour or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I disagree because I think instade of making our time longer the people in other countries should make their time shorter then I think everythings going to be fair

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree and disagre we should start at 9:00 so we can wake up and not go to sleep in class. Then we make class longer til 7:00 or 8:00, thats what i say.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think we should have longer school days because we can get a biger job and edgacation. We can have 2 months off of school.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think we should have school longer because we could get smarter then what we are.And I think it should be 8am to 6pm. and that we should have no shcool in the summer so we can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think president Obama is right about having more school. But we also need time to take a break of all hard things we do. My idea is to have at least three weeks of school on the summer. The week days[from Monday to Friday]we can start at seven and end at six. We will have more information in our heads.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree and disagree with president Obama
    I think that we should go to school form
    7:30am to 5:00 pm. I disagree with president
    Obama we shold have summer for 2 mounths and 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi my name is Iqra.And I think we should have longer school days.And I think we shouldn't.The first reason is because we should to have good Eduaction and we shouldn't because the school is going to pay alot and it's going to be expencive.Well I think we should because I am Asian and because my parents are from Pakistan and I ahve cousins living there so I talk with them on the phone and they told me that there school stared on August 1,2009.I told them that are school starts on August.24,2009 but they come home at 3:00 but the started early.So I think what we could do have more long school days and are school starts early.So this is my opion.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think we should have longer school day because kids play to much video games and watch to much television,but kids also need to have a little free time.I think kids should have 28 minutes of recess at the maximum.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think we shuould not go to school longer because we need time to do homework and play outside or play videogames

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have 2 thoughts about what Obama is saying.
    1.Nobody really likes school so why make longer why do you care really.Cause making school longer will it cause parents,princibills to pay more for school,electricty and paying teachers.
    2.If you do make school longer you must take away Wensdays and summer leave the same.Cause the summer is our brake from school.Dont take it away its the only fun we get besides after school.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My opinion is that maybe we can have longer days by staring school a little bit early so we can have school a little bit longer.But maybe we are going to sleep in the middle of the classs because we don`t get a lot of sleep for the whole day,and i think that we should leave alone the summer days to go to school because that is the only time we can play and have a little break from school.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think we should go to school saturdays and sundays because the people in asia(pacistan,china,and many more) are going to be smarter than us.(United States)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I agree with obama that we should have longer school times because we would get more edacation and we can go up to a higher grade we should even have school on saturday and sunday but in the after noon so we can go to church. but i think summer should be a little bit shorter like we end school by june then start it by august the 1st so we wont forget the stuff we had learned and give us homework to do for summer so we can get better edacation.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes.Because I learn about thing to get a good grade so I can do all my work and I can don't need help so I can learn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think that we should not have more school days.Because on the summer we have to relax and have time to have fun with are cousins.We could have two or three hours more at school.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think we should start school at 7:00 and then we end school at 6:00. Because we could get more higher grades and more jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think that we should have school from 7:oo am to 4:00pm.So the people wo have to be real smart for one job can become real smart.And the people who aren't thatsmart and fail can be smart and pass.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think we should have more school to 8AM to 3:40PM because we need to get more ejecation.

    ReplyDelete
  37. We shod not have school becous we have a holl yera to go and we will wont to have fun over the sommer.But we can have longer time on some of the days.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think kids should still have summer. That's when we can have fun. Maybe we can start school at 7:00am till 7:00pm on Mondays and Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think we shoud not have school in the summer. Because we need time to rest because we been working all year and we want to spend more time with our family.I think we should have school from 8pm. - 4pm. But the other conrtys should cut down so no one will lose their jobs it is just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I disagree with obama becuase we are going to be more tired and we won`t be able to
    meet our relative because we can`t be absent more then a week.but we can go too school from 8 to 4 and have more homework.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i think we should have more school because there is other people that want to learn about shcool an maybe they want to be an arcitect,mechanic,be in the army,work real hard at school so that when we grow up we wont be dum because are not dum we are smart because we can win the asian people the chines people and we can keep up at school if we pay attention to the teachers so that the other people would say that we are smarter then them and the president obama will be happy of us and the persons that lost there job they will get it back because of us the students did a great job because we worked so hard on school that we will not give up because we are real smart and i know that we shoul be proud of our self.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think we should not have more school because when you do that your taking away people's summer's butI have a solution.We can have onehour every day.That's my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think we should have only have long days on wendsdays and mondays from 7:30 to 4:30 because if we have school on summer we won't get our own time with our family and friends.I also think we should of school only have a certain time because maby one of our relativesdied and they have a funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I disargee because we would not have no summer for are vaction from school that is not fair for us not to take a vaction from scool. I argee that we can start school at eight and end school at ten that it would be easy four us two the end of the things that we did berfore that happen to the rest of this two get better than it was befoer this even happen school is very impontant to us to do this for a long time to do this more ofen then it was berfoe this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  45. i think we should to school at 9am to 4pm and more homework like 3or5 pages of homework but if we go to school at the same time and go to shcool longer chilldren will be agsosted and they will still be sleeping or people might get sick because there not getingmuch sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I dont agree because we need to play out
    and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I agree with Obama because we can have a better job.So,maybe we can have 1 month of vacation and the other ones whe can be in school.But maybe we can be in tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I agree with presindent Obama beacuse we have to study more to be a good person in your life and to graduet from college.We have to have some more school and less summer.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I agree because we can have a beter future in our job and high grades.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I agree with obama because we can have alot school and learn more .We can stay more time at school.

    ReplyDelete
  51. i aggre beacause we can have a better education and a batter job and a better futer.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I disagree because i want more sleep for one more hour each day. but we can stay in shool up to 5:00 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I disagree becauce I have soccer practize after school and I don't want to be late for soccer becauce soccer is my favorite sport.SO I could goto the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I agrey that we could go to school on the week day because say if you need help on reading then your teacher can help you with that and you can get a higher grade and that will help you alot.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I think no,becaues we need time to spend with our familys.We awlso need time to relax because we might get hurt and not be able to go to school.We need time to expluer the area and be kids.

    ReplyDelete
  56. President Obama I hope you think this is a good idea I was thinking we should have school on Saturday and sunday in summar so will stay smart in the summar.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I disagre because we need time to relax but at least we can have extra hours and harder taks and benchmarks. I dont want to go during summer because I cant visit my family in Colombia.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I think that we shoid make a website to go to school on the weekends because a lot of kids dont like to go to school.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I think that we cud hab 2 hours more then reagular shcool.Cus we cud lernd mor.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I disagree because I think teachers can teach us on the computers and email are homework.When we are done we can email the teacher back are homework.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I disagree Because I Don't want longer school days but I have a solution school on weekends on Saturdays and Sundays I hope you are ok with this.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I think that is not a good idea because people do not geet engough sleep at night and they fall asleep in class and dont learn anything. Plus people always get grouchy when they dont get any sleep at all. We need some time to spend with are family and their mom and dad will might miss them and gonna wanna pick them up but they dont want to because they want them to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I think we should not have longer school days we should at least have harder homework and more tests so we can get ready for middle school because that will perpare us for the ups and downs and all the hard work that will be coming up because there will be lots more hard things that we need to be perpared for in life.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I agree because in school we have to learn and get better and they could go to school for the summer so they could get smarter and sometimes they could go to school in weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I agree with presendt Oboma because that all the people that what to be smart .and when I grow up I really what to be smart and earn a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I think that we should get long schooldays so we can learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I think I neet to stay two hour more at school becaus I not whant to cam on summer and I whant to lear more math,readig and sciense and my teacher can help on reading and on math for you can het higher grades.

    ReplyDelete
  68. well i disagree couse we need time to play or extra houer to go home and becoues if we might get to sleepy to work and video games and should leave our time of shcool alone but we can go on the weekend on satuerday and sunday we can be with our familles for five days and two days at shcool

    ReplyDelete
  69. I disagree with Obama because time to rest from school.I like school but we shouldnt work for the whole day.We should have it exactly how it is.were just kids.

    ReplyDelete
  70. No because,if we work more our heads will hurt and we can't think.If each cassroom had tow techer,one is fixing something,and one is teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I disagree because the scedule right now is to much for me. plus we need time to relax and spend time with our familie.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I do agree with having school at kinda times or I do not agree with his speech because I think it is ridiculous and besides kids should be having through out the summer but I still think I agree with longer school hours it seems likes a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I don't know because president Obama is right about other people at other countries have better grades than us but we would want to relax in the summertime .But I don't mind if we have longer school hours because it will help us have a better education .But I want to be able to go to the pool and feal the breeze of the wind go around my face and eat barbecue.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I agree bceuse we need to be more smarter we like to be more smarter it the best thing to de smrter we went more homework I like to do homework it will be the best thing ever thank you for reading

    ReplyDelete
  75. I think we need to have longer friday.and a hour on saturday and on.Monday we should have alot more homework

    ReplyDelete
  76. i think that we should have two weeks nonstop and then have a regualar five day school week,and also we should stay from eight to five.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I agree with president Obama because if you want good grade than we probobly need to go to school.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I dont agre with presdent Obama because we need are summer vaction.I should have done two weeks in school and longer days.and three days longer.and have the rest of the weekend of.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I disagree because we should be able to relax and have our own space,and i agree because we should get a good education and get better jobs to help our parents in there old days,and to get even smarter.....

    ReplyDelete
  80. I agree with president Obama because I would love to stay in school a little longer.
    But I also think that we sould be in school for a half of the summer and on saturdays also for 5 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  81. I agre and I think we sholud start school at
    6:50am and end school at 4:00pm.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I disagree because we need time to relaxing.This is a thing we should do.We should go to school 3 hours on week days.And on the weekends we should go to school for 11 hours.And i hope that can happend.

    ReplyDelete
  83. i think we should have longer school days.because we should have 3weaks and 6 days.IF WE donot we will not get A good gob we will not have money for our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  84. i disagree with president obamo we need more time to relax

    ReplyDelete
  85. I disagree with Oboma.I think that we should have one month of summer in school.The rest of the holidays out of school.

    ReplyDelete
  86. My New Year's resolution is to get less marks by doing my responsibilities and rights.I will also be a better person by helping my Girl scouts troop be green and raise money for field trips.I will also help my friends with homework.

    ReplyDelete