Saturday, October 10, 2009

Read All About It!

Share with others a favorite book you've just read. Be sure to include the title, author, and give a brief "book talk" of the story (don't give away the ending!). Close with your reasons why you would recommend it to others. After making your post, go back and read other students' posts and let them know if, based on their recommendation, you'd be interested in reading their book.

82 comments:

  1. I recently read Savvy by Ingrid Law. It's one of this year's Bluebonnet nominees, so you know it's got to be great! It's all about a girl named Mibs who's about to turn 13 and her family who get magical powers on their 13th birthdays. Mibs' powers don't turn out to be quite as she predicted but there's lots of adventure along the way. I think anyone who enjoys fantasy and interesting characters will love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My frogs book is all about different frogs all over the world.It tells you all the different and unique and interesting facts about the frogs.the author was nick bishop.I think you would like because the pictures of the fogs are fantasstic and real looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read a book called Diary of a wimpy kid it about his life and familles and friend and his holidays it kind of a intresting stoys it cant wait tell they they give out the new book and i think people should read this book for kids and i think they will like this book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a bluebonnet book named frogs they show what colors frogs can be and if frogs are poisonous or not I think somebody would like this book because they will proble like frogs or some people mite not know what frogs are and thats I would give this book to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recommend diray of a wimpy kid because it is a funny book.You will laughed when you read it.It,s by JeffyKeny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book I read was called Forged by fire by Sharon M. Draper. It is about a boy that gets abused by his mother and one day she left some fire on and left but she forgot the boy was there and the girl that lives next to them checks over the boy and she looked inside and the house was on fire so she called the ambulance and fire department. He was taken to the hospital that day and taken home with his grandmother . I think you would like it if you like biography's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY book was abaut a tiger namde ragus this book is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read a book about werewolves dont go to camp its about four kids that go to camp and there teacher eats spiders and hamburgers that are not cocked I think you should read this book because its a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently read about Big Foot it was about how poeple long ago discovered a animal like no other.Some people think they are related to neianderthals some people just think there apes or someone in an ape suit trying to trick them but they dont know for sure yet but I think that Big Foot is real because in the book it says that the "thing" walks like an animal.I think you should read it because it is very intresting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My book was Carnaval at Candelight by Mary Pope Osborne. It was about Jack and Annie go to Venice,Itally to save the lady of lagoon but they soon find out that Venice,Itally is the lady of lagoon. I think people would enjoy this book because it teaches about Poseiden.And about Venice,Itally.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently read a book about Aliens.Its about how some can believe in aliens and people do not agree that these creatures are real. I personaly think they are real.In the book theres lots of pictures of them .My favorite picture is the crop circle it has some weird man in the middle.I love a interesting book.You might not like scary pictures my brother read it and said, i like it."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently read The Luck of the Loch Ness Monster. This little girl she was going with her grandma, her parents sent her then her parents order her oatmeal every morning and she hated it. Then she threw it out the boat and this little worm came up and ate all of it and then she did it every morning and the worm got even bigger. Then she left one morning with her grandma and then a week later she came back and then the worm just jumped on the boat and she gave him a hug and then told the worm that she missed him. You would like this book because it will make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan,It about a boy that always get kick out of shcool for a very strange resen.Then he fine out that he is not normal.People that like action and adventure whold like this book. It can tell you some stuff about ancient Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think people should read Wayside School books because when I had a wayside school and mrs.jewls class was lerning about gravetie in there class room so when Louise got a pageage for mrs.jewls so when Louise got up there mrs.jewls opened it there was a computer in the box and mrs.jewls throw it out the window thats what they was lernig about . and people shold read it becuase it is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dragonball z is about fighting.You're in dragon tournament and you fight.the main character is Goku,Gohan,Goten,Vegeta,Krillen,Trunks.you fight untill you lose or till you can'fight any more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yo lei un libro de Bone book y paso que se perdio un Bone y el otro Bone lo estava vuscandolo y pidio alluda para encantral al Bone y luego paso que fue a una casa y tomo un tea luego lo siguieron buscando y no lo encantraron. Luego pararon a descansar y luego se encontraron a unos animales que se llaman cucarachs y le tenian miedo y corriero y gritaon mucho y luego encontraron al BONE LO encontraron.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The book that I have been readig is called Dork On The Run. Dork On the Run is about a kid who every body want's to go for class president but finds out that he has to go against a cool kid in the 6th grade

    ReplyDelete
  18. The book that I read is cald The SOS Files.
    In this book it has lots of funney storys
    it has drama,humor,eximent,love and it is also funney.the authers name is Betsy Byars,Betsy Duffey and Laurie Meyers it is ilastrated by
    Arther Howard.I recomend people to read this book because lot of people will LOL laph out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The book I read was Nancy Drew and The Mysterious Clock. If you like mysteries you would love this book. It is a man who is really important to the goverment that gets lost. The diffrent kind of clues help Nancy find the man.A wierd clock would be a clue . Would you know where the man went before Nancy does? I recommend you this book because it is really fun and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Extra,Etra Read all about it if you think it's cool then let me hear you shout it. Fairy Tale News is the book I read it's all about what happens in fairytale land.It includes a newspaper tooooo!IM sure you want to read it so come on down to the library and read.See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The latest book I had read is Don't Go In Ihe Celler is the best book i have ever read.It is about tow kids who finds a celler and find a machine .The auther is jereny strong.If you whatto find out what happens next chek it out where the R.L.Stine books are.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Scary Stories to tell in the dark by Alvin Schwartz,it`s a very good book bacuase it has stories that are kind of scary but not to much. I alredy read like 10 or more of those stories.Some of them are relly scary like the storie that`s called ``The thing`` it is about 2 men that were just getting out of a party. When they saw a``thing`` it was..... Check out the book to see what was ``The thing``.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read a book called The Monster's Ring.This book is about a boy who finds a ring and when he puts it on he turns into a monster.You should read this because itcool and you should see what he does to bullys.Read to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tedy The Fraidy Cat . This boy is finally going to the 2nd grade but is a fraid that no one will like him. A great book for someone shy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Judy Moody goes to collage by:Megan McDonald is about when Judy has trouble with math.And when she has a math test she allways fails it.And then she has a touter. does Judy Moody gets math now or does she not read the book to find it out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The book read was katie kazoo i hate rules,this book is about that she turns in to people but when she is gone where could she be? I think you would injoy this book because if you like to turn in to people you would injoy this book!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The title of the book is Ready Fready and the Pumkin Elf Mystery.Its about a boy named Fready he was at school.And this boy Max found a note that was shaped like a pumkin piece of paper.So Ms.Wushy said to max give me the pumkin piece of paper and he did so what happened was that Ms.Wushy told about the piece of paper and who gave the piece of paper.So will they find the Pumkin Elf or no?So find out what happens next if your intersted!This book will be for people who like Halloween and myestry books.So check out the book in the Thornwood Libuary the book is avible.So find out and check to see what happens next in the Halloween Mysetery!!!!If the book is not there the go check other Libuary.I know that you want to read the book.GO CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite book is Miss Nelson is Missing.I love the aother James Marshall. I think this book is great because it reminds me when I was in 3grade.The teacher I was talking about is Ms.Deaker.I think this book is great for people who have a missing teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Howliday Inn is a great book about a family that have a cat and a dog and the family gos on vacaion so they leave the pets at a animal hotel.There is a vampier rabbit at the hotel and the hotel gites out of hand.They hear howls at nihgt and a lot of other things.I think somone would like this book because its a vary funny and scary book.

    ReplyDelete
  30. my book is about Junie B. Jones dad didn't let her stay up, and she was doing her homework.Next morning her techer asked for her homework but she didin't do it so she copied her friends homework when she went to the office.Later that day Junie B. teacherg,Mr. Scary asked her y do you have the same thing as May?she got a letter saying that she copied a students paper durind class

    ReplyDelete
  31. The book where the sidewalk ends and the aurtor is Shel Silverstein this book is talking aboutwhere the sidwalk ends if you like this book you can read it is very instern book if you like this book you can read it is about people are trying to find out where the sidewalk ends this book is very instern if you like this book you can be a good reader it is very instern book.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The World's Strangest Sharks by VictorGentle and Janet Perry.It will tell you all kinds of sharks.It will tell you what they do.I think the people who likes nonfiction would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. POPPY'S RETURN is such a fasinating book anyone would be lucky to read it and all the other sieries of the books about Poppy and all her adventures. Poppys return is about a mother mouse that is trying to save her familys house from being torn down by a monterouse bulldoser. The aurthor of this fantastic book is AVI and the illistrator is Brian Floca, (i think her illistated olot of other books to.)This book is for anyone especially if you love fasinating, adventerouse, bone thrilling, and very imaginteful books.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The book Ready Freddy Talent show scaredy-pants/by Abby Klein.Is a interresting book because is about a kid named freddy.And he dose not know fore a talent trick.I think the book is for aperson that loves action and mistery books.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The book Ghost tell about ghost that people have seen. They are a little scary. There ones in chruches and at a houses.If you like books about ghost you will like this book.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The book The Daytona 500 is a really good book.It tells you when tte Daytona 500 began and how the Daytona looked in the old days.I would reccomend the Daytona 500 book to people hwo are big fans of Nascar and cars.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think people should read gross-ot jokes bscause it's very very funey

    ReplyDelete
  38. My book is called This Is Just To Say and it is about poems. And the poems are funny and when you read it. It give's a lot of details and imformation to tell what it is about.

    ReplyDelete
  39. My book is called HOW To Steal A Dog by Babbra O'Conner.This book is about a family living in a chevorn. with the dad leaving them in rags. I would like people to read this book because it is funny & has feelings. READ IT PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  40. (THE RED HOT RATTONS)the book is about that there is six rats that love to sing at night then they moved to a farm and had kids when the baby rats grow up they loved to sing to. so when they were as sleep they saw something dark and they didn't new that it was the sheep they were realy scared to death because it was so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I read a book called scary stories to tell in the dark.The author is Alvin schwartz and the dralings are by Stephen gammell.Its about a ghost that was killed a long time ago but it still comes back to huant pepoel and sucks there souls and goes in there bodies.No one ever defeted it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Bunny Riddle is a great and funny book it has lots of funny riddle about bunny and lot of things.You can check this book if you want learn jokes about bunny and if like funnny books and u like to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am reading a book called The Report Card. it is a goood book because a girl named Nora found out facts about herself. she gets bad grades and doesn't want to read it to her mom because she knows that their bad.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This book i this read call Junie.b.jones.This book was about when she go take vaction and she all exited about taking a vaction hawilli.Then when go she want to try to find ways to go back home.i will like people to read my book cause its fun to read and u might can reatlt to it.

    ReplyDelete
  45. My book title is Alcatraz versus the evil librarians by Brandon Sanderson.Ithink a person who likes stories that has magic in it they would love this book.Iknow i love this book that is why i recheked it out.this book is awsome!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. The Army U.S book is really good,it tells you about what is the main gun on a tank,and how many bullets can shoot out of an M16.If you want to go in the Army you will have a lot of choices to do.Some of them you have to work for like General ,Major,and Sergent

    ReplyDelete
  47. I read this book name boyfriends and girlfriends it was about a girl ho has a boy friend the girl name was.Emely and the boy name was julian they were always together and they go to the same school.The boy it was realy funny and the girl was kind of funny.I think you will like this book alot.

    ReplyDelete
  48. ami me gusto el libro de amaneser en el pueblo fantasma por mari pope asbornd y me gusto el libro y los personajes del libro del vaquero y anni y jack ayudan a el vaquero y luego el vaquero escribe el libro un dia salvaje en el oeste y luego el vaquero ayuda a anni y jack a encontrar ala madre del potriyo y luego el vaquero los deja en el hotel donde esta el fastasma

    ReplyDelete
  49. My favorite book is frindel because is about nick go to the school.The kids agree with nick because there need a pen at school.I like the book because is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I read a book named " Dont Kid Yourself". It was about this girl that had a boyfriend.Her mom asked her if she could take care of her litle brother so she said "no because she had to go out whit her boyfriend"so then her mom has like o aniway you have to take care of her litle brother.Ok i would take him whit me.so then she left and started to bounce her litle brother.I liked because it was funny.I think somebody that likes fiction books.

    ReplyDelete
  51. One of my favoret book was rooten school because we is a funny riter.The auterrs name R.L STINE.Was mada alot funny books.I hope you ridet.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think we should not have longer hours of school because we need to get time to our selves.And I would have moer time to get ready for school and that we can spend time with our family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I think that I disagre with oboma because I THINK that if you want to add more scool than at lest you shoud give us no homework so we can spine time with our family

    ReplyDelete
  54. I read Diary of a Wimpy kid by Jeff Kinney. Its all about a boy getting in trouble by his brother .I think people who love funny books would love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Diary of Wimpy kids it is by Jeff Kenny and it about a boy who get in trouble by his brother Rodrick and the other brother writing in his diary. It is funny to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I recently read A Diary of a Wimpy kid by Jeff Kiney.This book is about a kid who trys to make a haunted house but it doesn't plan out like he wanted to.I think anyone who like's a book of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I just read Twilight.It is good for others to try to read and because I think that it is good for people who like to read about vampiers and who like to read about crazy things that happen in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I read the book called Clody with a chanes of Meatballs.I think people should read it because it is funny because food falls on people and they run! If you are interested in comedies, you will like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  59. No David No by David Shannon. I read this book because David does these things that are really bad that you dont want to do. I think you should read this book because maybe you want to see the bad things he does.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Cat in the hat by Dr. Seuss is a good book because theres a lot of information you can understand it.I really like it you will like it to.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I recently read Where the Wild things are. It is intresting even though its not true. One part that I like is when he was the king of the wild things. People that are intrested in vielent things

    ReplyDelete
  62. my faeaite book is diar of a Wimpy Kid Last Stra.Becaus he get bolled dy his brother and he get rapet by his brother.The author of this book is jeff kinney

    ReplyDelete
  63. I recently read a book called The Day Mom Finlly Snapped. It's about 3 kids who always get in trouble. Will mom snap? I think pepole who like graghic novels will like this book.

    ReplyDelete
  64. No David no and this book is about ths boy named David and he is so bad that he do not lestin to his parents.I think that alot of people will read this book becuse it is very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I think dairy of a wimpy is a great book because it a boy name Jeffrey that gets rated
    out buy his bother rodrick you would like book because Jeff kinney is writing about his adventures as a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  66. the name of the book is could Twilight and it is about two guys fighting over one girl and vampires try to do something bad to the girl I think someone should read it if they like action books

    ReplyDelete
  67. My book is Where the wild things are. Its about when a boy named Max. When its his birtday he wishes that he had his own world so he can go to sleep anytime he wants. If like fantasy books you will like this book.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Star. Because it tell you about a blue star,yellow star,white star ,and red star.If you want to learn about star it in the non fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Bone: by Jeff Smith it's about three bone cousins named Fone bone Smiley bone and Phoney bone and they escape from their hometown Boneville when Phoney runs for mayor and they get lost in a desert when they are surrounded by giant locusts and I like that book cause I want to know if the cousins are bones.

    ReplyDelete
  70. MY book is called diary of a wimpy kid ILOVE it so much i think it great it about a boy who likes girl but she turn him down i will like anyone to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  71. The Last Olympian:by Rick Riordan is about a half blood teenager who has to save olympus and the world from being destroyed by the titans.I think anyone who likes violence, adventure, and action will enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I recently read The Last Olympian its about a boy that is something called a half blood hes trying to save the world and mt.Olympus from the titans. I recomend it to someone who likes adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  73. The book im reabing is snakes all over it's about snakes all over the world.would requiuer this book for people who love snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  74. The book i read was Spy High:Mission one.The aurthor was A.J. buther.I like this book because it has settings.One of them is when their is a person taking korate lessons.and the other is at football practice.I think a person who likes korate and football would like ths book.

    ReplyDelete
  75. The book I'm reading is Point Blank. The book is about a boy named Alex Rider who joined the MI6 in place of his uncle. He was chosen to go on another mission. He had to live with another family for a week. I would recomend this book to adventure lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  76. The book WORLD WAR 2 is a good book about the war in Germany.It has all of the weapons they used. They even have their clothes. I recamend this book for people who likes the war.

    ReplyDelete
  77. My book i read we SPY HIGH MISSION It is about a drug when you it you take it you would have a craving for blood.I would say poeple how like shy book sould like it.

    ReplyDelete
  78. My book Cam Jansen and the Valentine Baby Mystery by David A. Adler is about a girl named Cam and her friend Eric going to the hospital with Eric's mom.And they are visiting her Cam's mom cause she's having a baby.While their at the hospital Eric's mom's purse gets stolen and when they find it in a closet her keys are missing and all her monney is gone.I think this book would be good for peple who like mysteries,babies,and VALENTINES DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. My book was cockroach cooties. cockroach cooties is a good book it is about two boys who got there mom a cocroach for her birthday the mom did not want a animal for her birthday because thay always get her bugs. I think peolpe that like bugs will like this book.

    ReplyDelete
  80. My favorite book is the Dear America, One Eye Laughing and The Other Weeping.It's about a girl named Julie and she is jewish and her uncle was afraid of being called a "jew".Julie thinks that Hitler isn't fair and she should do something about it.The rest you have to read.I would recommend this book to people that like history.

    ReplyDelete
  81. I recenley read a book called NO TALKING. by Andrew Clements .do you think no talking will make you smarter. it just might well you can find out in this book.In this book dan has to face no talking for 3 days.I recomened this book to anyone who likes to laugh

    ReplyDelete
  82. Esparaza rising

    Esparaza is a girl. And her mother and her can find her dad and they can't sleep, eat
    i thing the people should read this book is the people that love measterys

    ReplyDelete