Dancing. It is not my favorite thing to do, but the teacher asked me, so I had to say yes. Mrs. Stewart was her name and she never left her desk. She was old-probably 100 years old,and poofy gray hair and always wore high heels. She announced to the class that she needed someone to participate and I was probably talking and didn't hear the question. Can you believe that I always got in trouble for talking? Well, I did. So, I raised my hand and had no idea why I was raising it.
The rest is history. I had to wear a red and white checkered square dancing skirt and had to dance on the stage in front of parents at a PTA meeting. My mom had to make the skirt and she doesn't even sew! You can only imagine how ugly it was! It also was too tight. The elastic was squeezing me and it was difficult to breathe. My brown hair was in pig tails with two red ribbons. I'm sure that I fixed it myself and it was messy.
I had to dance with a boy. It wasn't fair. The boys got to wear jeans, white shirts and a bandanna. Anyway, I was sweating like a pig I was so nervous. The goofy country and western music played while we danced on the stage. I walked on the stage and the lights were so hot, I thought I was in an oven! We doosey-dooed, alaman left, bowed to our partner and all the other things that go along with square dancing. My mom and dad were so proud of me. I will remember that dance until I'm old, have poofy hair and wear high heels. Oh, I forgot, I don't wear heels. Make that tennis shoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
mrs.hand u write alot.thats awesome.
ReplyDelete